The Biochemical Technology Society membership is worldwide and is open to applicants who can demonstrate ‘a genuine interest in the science of Biochemical Research and Technology’ and support the Society’s aim, ‘To promote advanced biochemical technology in educational institutes, research organizations and industries and to promote biochemical technology impact on areas of science including biotechnology, agriculture, and medicine’.
All Individual, Student, Associate, Corporate and Senior Membership shall pay a membership fee of such an amount as is determined from time to time by the Executive committee and approved by the General Body meeting.
The membership fee shall be as follows : –
Membership Fee (Life Membership) :
Student Members – INR 5,000
Individual Members – INR 10,000
Associate Members – INR 12,000
Corporate Members – INR 50,000
Senior Members – INR 10,000
Honorary Life Membership Fee: INR 15000
Members from India:
Email to email@example.com for more online payment options.
1. Access to the grants offered by the society.
2. Supporting funds for the activities like seminars, workshops, conference etc.
3. Great discounts in the conferences/workshops/activities.
4. Guidance in publication in reputed journals, PhD guidance, research guidance etc.
5. Publication of books, proposals for conferences, taking up local ambassador positions and formation of local chapters etc.
6. Free colour, when published in the Journal of Biochemical Technology* to all Life members and rapid publication within 48 hours.
7. Research topics selection for PhD/PG/UG, article preparation guidance, guidance for SEM, XRD, Sequencing or any similar requirements, helping in mathematical/bioinformatics/statistical analysis of the data or advisory board positions in the journals and other executive committees etc.
8. Engagement in policy issues.
9. Access to Members area/Forum.
10. Free registration at careers events.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About Each Membership:
Student Member: A person shall be qualified to be admitted as an student member of the Society, if has shown a sustained interest in the field of applied molecular biosciences and allied areas and should be pursuing a professional Degree / Diploma in any branch of molecular biosciences, biochemical technology, Life Science, medicine and agriculture fields recognized by appropriate licensing bodies.
Individual Members: Any person shall be qualified to be admitted as a Full Member of the Society, if has shown a sustained interest in the field of applied molecular biosciences and allied areas and obtained a professional Degree / Diploma in any branch of molecular biosciences, biochemical technology, Life Science, medicine and agriculture fields recognized by appropriate licensing bodies and should be currently working in the area of molecular biosciences.
Associate Members: Any person, who is a student/individual and does not fulfil the criteria for Student/individual membership but has shown interest in applied molecular biosciences may apply for Associate Membership of the Society to become an Associate Member. The associate members may have a professional degree in applied molecular bio-sciences but presently working in related professions such as management, administration, editing, writing, sales, outreach and other similar positions. Scientists taking a break from their career or seeking employment are also eligible to apply for membership in this category.
Senior Members: Any person greater than 70 years and has a genuine interest in applied molecular bioscience research may apply for Senior Membership of the Society.
Corporate Members: Corporate membership can be submitted by the head of the molecular bio-science organisation.
Honorary Life Membership: Honorary life members can be part of National Executive Board of BTS (Biochemical Technology Society).